Setting up a server using ZAP-Hosting
A step-by-step guide on setting up a ZAP-Hosting FXServer.
ZAP-Hosting setup steps
- Access the ZAP-Hosting website and login into to your account or sign-up if you don’t have one.
- Click on Rent a server on the top left of the screen (navigation bar)
- A dialog will show where you can
Choose your product. We will be using a Cloud Gameserver, so click
- A new page will show, scroll down until you find
Search for games, enter
FiveM. We will be using
FIVE: FiveM Mod (Windows), so make sure to click on it. Optionally, you can click this link.
- Pick the server location, we’re going to be using a server located in Germany for this example.
- Scroll down and customize your server to your liking, remember that to use more than 48 slots, you will need FiveM Element Club Argentum 💿 or above, which can be obtained from Patreon.
- If you plan to get a subscription through Patreon, you should register your server with the same email address as the one used for your Cfx.re account, so that your plan is automatically detected and configured.
- When hosting a server with ZAP-Hosting, you’ll need to add the license key associated to your Cfx.re account to your server instance. You may find the guide here.
- Choose your preferred payment method and agree to the terms, remember to be logged in as detailed on
- Once you confirm the order, the server will be up. Once the server is up an
Initial installation will be requireddialog should be shown, click on
- You should now be able to access your game-panel where an IP address will be shown, copy it to access your game-server.
- Copy the IP and launch FiveM. Once FiveM is open, press F8 on your keyboard to bring up the game console. Type
connect [your-server-ip]and you should be able to connect if the server is running.
Guide adapted from here.
Last modified December 8, 2023: tweak(server-manual/zap): change Patreon wording (#397) (6dadb5f)