Setting up a server using txAdmin
A step-by-step guide on setting up a txAdmin FXServer.
Ultimate easy setup guide
Download the server
- Go to the Windows server build listing (‘artifacts’ listing, as in ‘build artifacts’).
- Download the latest recommended build.
- Open the
server.7zyou just downloaded. Use any third-party archiving tool (such as 7-Zip or WinRAR) to open the
- Extract it somewhere you want to store it. We’ll pick
- Open the folder you just extracted it to. It should look a little like this:
Start the server
- Double click
- This site should open in your browser. Make sure a PIN is filled, and click
- Log in to your account on Cfx.re in this tab and then click
- Set a password to log in to your server’s admin page.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Type a name for your server and click ‘Next’.
- Select ‘Popular Recipes’.
- Pick the ‘CFX Default’ template for now. Other templates may exist, but some will require a database server.
- Click ‘Save’ or select another path.
- Go to the ‘Recipe Deployer’.
- Click ‘Next’ once you’re sure the recipe looks fine. It should be fine the way it comes.
- Enter the key you just made on the Keymaster in the ‘Before you begin’ step and click ‘Run Recipe’.
- If everything’s correct, you can click ‘Next’ again.
- … and finally, “Save & Run Server”, and you’re done!
Last modified February 20, 2023: Update txAdmin guide on setting up a server (8fd3a9f)